- Albany State encourages adherence to LEED green building guidelines.
- To decrease energy use, the campus has installed energy-management systems, lighting sensors, and energy-efficient lighting.
- The university utilizes water metering, efficient laundry machines, and low-flow faucets and showerheads to conserve water.
Climate Change & Energy
- Campaigns encourage members of the campus community to reduce their energy use.
- The university recycles toner cartridges from school printers as well as paper.
- Student printing quotas limit the amount of paper used on campus.
- Unwanted items during move-out are collected and donated.
- Albany State’s dining halls feature local and organic foods.
- Trayless dining is encouraged in ASU dining halls.
- Students are told about sustainability efforts on campus by their Resident Assistants.
- On-campus environmental projects engage students.
- The university is exploring the option of offering an environmental science concentration.