- Bennett is interested in developing a formal sustainability policy.
- The collegeâ€™s new master plan, under development, will place an emphasis on sustainability.
- A Statement on Sustainability details the school’s commitment to supporting local and green businesses, as well as vendors that use environmentally friendly products.
- Dual-flush toilets and low-flow faucets and showerheads have been installed in buildings to conserve water.
- To improve energy efficiency, the college has installed energy management systems, LED lights, and lighting sensors.
- The Merner Pfeiffer Heating Plant has been adapted for reuse as an academic classroom facility with energy-efficient technology.
Climate Change & Energy
- Buildings have undergone system tune-ups, and timers are used for temperature control.
- Bennett College recycles all traditional materials: aluminum, cardboard, glass, paper, and all plastics.
- The college also recycles electronic materials including batteries, computers, light bulbs, and printer cartridges.
- Computer labs limit printing to cut back on paper use.
- Unwanted items can be donated during move-out.
- Trays have been removed from dining halls.
- The dining services offer local and organic foods.
- Bennett College donates its excess food.
- Resident Assistants provide information about on-campus sustainability initiatives.
- Students can work in the on-campus garden.
- Fifteen students have declared an environmental science minor.
- Bennett College offers free transportation around campus and to local destinations.