- Clark Atlanta has a Sustainability Council that is working on a formal sustainability plan.
- The council will focus on improving campus recycling and completing a campus-wide sustainability assessment.
- There is a policy that all new buildings and major renovations will be LEED certified.
- Clement Hall is LEED-Silver and Energy Star-certified.
- Wright-Young Hall, currently being renovated, is being built to LEED standards.
- Dual-flush toilets are used to save water.
- To save energy, Clark Atlanta uses variable-frequency drives to adjust for demand in ventilation systems.
- The university recycles some of its paper, computers, and light bulbs.
- Local and organic foods are offered in dining halls.
- Excess food is donated to a food bank or shelter.
- Clark Atlanta students can volunteer on sustainability projects.