- Fisk has signed the American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment.
- The Environmental Protection Agency team advises on sustainability policies and programs.
- To save energy, the university has installed LED and other energy-efficient lighting as well as energy management systems.
- The campus recycles traditional materials like aluminum, cardboard, paper, and some plastics.
- Batteries and computers generated by the school and by students are also recycled, as well as the schoolâ€™s used light bulbs, printer cartridges, copiers, and other lab equipment.
- Trays have been removed from dining halls to save water and energy and decrease food waste.
- Used cooking oil is recycled.
- The student government association runs recycling competitions in residence halls.