- ITC has signed the American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment and implemented a sustainability plan.
- The school’s website includes green living tips and information about sustainability initiatives on campus.
- The school is working on a green purchasing policy.
- ITC’s sustainability initiative is discussed in the school’s strategic plan.
- Sustainability has factored into decisions about construction, conserving utilities, and course offerings since 2005.
- To improve energy efficiency, LED and other efficient lighting has been installed, as well as timers for temperature control.
- Low-flow faucets have been installed to conserve water.
Climate Change & Energy
- A greenhouse gas inventory is currently in progress.
- The school retrocommissions its HVAC systems to improve efficiency.
- The university holds campaigns to encourage members of the campus community to reduce their energy use, and it conducts individual energy audits.
- The school’s dining halls offer local foods.
- ITC employees have the option to take Fridays off in order to reduce the necessity of vehicle use.