- The college is considering creating a sustainability plan and is working on a formal green purchasing policy.
- LLTC emphasizes sustainability in its campus master plan and its strategic plan.
- Recycled paper is purchased for school printers.
- To save energy in campus buildings, energy-efficient lighting, lighting sensors, and variable-speed drives have been installed.
- The Trades building includes water metering, and low-flow toilets have been installed on campus.
Climate Change & Energy
- The college has lowered temperature set points.
- Building systems are regularly tuned up to increase their energy efficiency.
- Power-saving settings have been enabled on campus computers.
- The college recycles all traditional materials, including aluminum, cardboard, glass, paper, and all plastics.
- The school’s used batteries, computers, light bulbs, and printer cartridges are also recycled, as well as students’ old cell phones.
- Campus gardens are fertilized with compost.
- Students can get involved with sustainability on campus by attending guest speaker lectures.
- Opportunities for sustainability volunteer projects focus on recycling, renewable or alternative energy, and environmental clean-ups.
- The college offers an academic minor in environmental science, which 22 students have declared.
- Carpentry students are constructing environmentally friendly housing.
- Free or subsidized transportation to local destinations is available.