- The college is considering creating a sustainability plan.
- LBHC is working on a formal green building policy.
- The new Health and Wellness Center, under construction, will seek LEED Platinum certification.
- To improve energy efficiency, buildings feature LED lighting, lighting sensors, and timers for temperature control.
- Low-flow faucets have been installed to conserve water.
Climate Change & Energy
- The college is exploring the option of generating renewable energy on campus.
- Recycling is available for aluminum, cardboard, and paper.
- Students can participate in environmental volunteer projects.
- The college offers an environmental science academic major.
- Free vans for students run from the campus to local communities.