- To reduce energy use, the college has installed energy-efficient light bulbs and has set building temperatures back.
- To save water, low-flow faucets and low-flow showerheads have been installed in campus buildings. Two tankless water heaters were installed, in the cafeteria and in one residence hall, to supply hot water on demand.
- Stillman is exploring the idea of a cogeneration plant to produce heat and electricity simultaneously.
- The school is also considering improving its gas and electricity metering system.
Climate Change & Energy
- Stillman purchases energy-efficient appliances and raises awareness among employees about the importance of shutting off lights and equipment when not in use.
- Power-saving settings have been enabled on school computers.
- The college is exploring the option of installing solar water heating systems.
- Stillman recycles e-waste including batteries, cell phones, computers, light bulbs, and printer cartridges.
- Used fryer oil is recycled for biodiesel fuel.
- Stillman offers subsidized transportation to local destinations.