- Voorhees has written a formal sustainability policy.
- The President’s Executive Cabinet and College Planning Council implements sustainability programs on campus.
- The Vice President of Institutional Advancement acts as the college’s sustainability coordinator.
- Voorhees is working on a formal green purchasing policy.
- The college is working on a formal green building policy.
- All buildings will be retrofitted with upgraded lighting and HVAC systems, water conservation strategies, and insulation.
- To reduce energy use, some campus buildings have energy-efficient lights and double-paned windows.
- Some buildings have low-flow faucets, showerheads, and toilets to save water.
Climate Change & Energy
- The college was awarded a grant to assess building energy use and develop reduction strategies.
- Voorhees is exploring the option of using solar hot water systems.
- Many traditional materials are recycled, including aluminum, cardboard, paper, and all plastics.
- The school also recycles used batteries, computers, light bulbs, and aerosol cans.
- Local foods are offered in the dining halls.
- The college was awarded a grant to create an environmental science academic major.