- The college is interested in creating a formal sustainability policy.
- One building, under construction, will seek LEED green building certification.
- Energy-efficiency technologies in existing buildings include LED lights and lighting sensors.
- To save water, some buildings feature low-flow faucets, and campus grounds use weather-informed irrigation.
Climate Change & Energy
- Temperatures have been set back to conserve energy.
- To encourage people on campus to save energy, trade-in programs are available for inefficient appliances, and campaigns are held to raise awareness about sustainability.
- White Earth is exploring the option of installing wind turbines on campus to generate energy.
- A number of traditional materials are recycled on campus, including aluminum, cardboard, paper, and all plastics.
- The school also recycles the used batteries, light bulbs, and printer cartridges that it generates.
- To engage students with environmental issues, the college abides by sustainability principles for some of its events.
- White Earth offers an environmental science major.